Since last time and now that we're heading into winter, I'm getting all excited about making things. It was all spurred on by picking up my knitting again, I checked out Youtube to find out how to cast off my first scarf, so that freed up the needles for some more experimenting. Not happy with a standard knit stitch project next I decided to check out a herringbone stitch, again thanks to Youtube :) which is ridiculously hard going for a newb, basically it involves purling one row and then slippng the next row, slips all nice and loose and purls were so tight I could barely get a needle through them! So bought three balls of chunkier Sirdar Indie wool colour 160 and some chunky 10mm 60cm circular knitting needles to try and make a snood. I've now joined Ravelry and faved a few patterns, so we'll see how that goes! (I also bought some DK Sirdar 828 bright purple, its gorgeous, no idea what I'll do with it yet though!)
My original scarf I think I will jazz up with some contrasting tassles and buttons, not sure exactly on the finish yet, so watch this space. Also popped to Midsomer Norton with Em and went to Rose Crafts which was awesome, am tempted to get some sock wool and knit my Pops some chunky socks for crimbo, maybe next year though! They had what I thought was called festival or something like that, basically a super funky multicoloured ball of wool that makes one pair of socks. Will have to go back and get some!


OOoo! yummy yarny goodness, delightfulness:-)
ReplyDelete