Friday, 2 August 2013

Juice Reboot - Day 4

So it's lunchtime on day 4 and I am feeling REALLY tired, I'm guessing it's the combo of my on-going cold, getting up in the night to pee - only once last night, but it has been up to 3 times, and general lack of energy due to less calories. I have cancelled my running session tonight and moved it to Sunday when I'm hoping I'll feel loads better. I have been seriously thinking of finishing tonight, but I might just see it through til tomorrow and then have something proper for dinner - I've got my eye on steamed llightly smoked salmon, and loads of veggies in butter and black pepper, maybe some new pots for good measure :) Not too fussed on pud though, so will try and enjoy that for as long as possible before the sugar cravings kick in again, am goingto try and go with a fruit based pud if I do get a hankering for the sweet stuff after dinner.

So green juice for lunch has perked me up a bit, I think it was too much rushing about this morning that did me in early on. I did just try and experimental cashew nut and found it really hard to swallow, guess your throat gets smaller in the same way as your stomach does when you reduce your portion sizes, very wierd! Also the feeling of food stuck in my teeth was horrible.

Dinner was another modified green juice/soup, this time with blended avocado and basil, the after taste was lovely, like a really tasty stock, but the look was gloopy greeny/grey and the initial taste was fairly unpleasant so I ended up drinking half a bowl full with a straw, while trying not the heave and then eating half an avocado instead which was delicious! Pudding was made up again, carrot, peach, apricot, lemon, blueberry - it was nice and much thicker like a smoothie. The only thing is the wastage from the stone fruits was really high relative to the amount of juice I got, so given the choice I think I'd go for eating the whole fruit instead.

Energy levels were really high but my legs were aching from lack of exercise, so I did 20 mins of yoga to stretch things out a bit and that helped loads. D was shattered so we headed to bed just gone ten, but I was so awake, but then again, as soon as I started reading, I was out like a light, and only one nocturnal trip to the loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment